Happy Teacher’s Day to Toon Mentors!
“A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack” – Yoda , StarWars
In his book, Love as a Way of Life, Gary Chapman uses “ bullets and seeds” as metaphors to describe the power, spoken words have. Words can be sweet, sour and bitter.
Words can have a long lasting effect. Encouraging words, discouraging words, words of hope and words of despair. Our memories are packed and illustrated by words of our friends and foes. The most engrossed ones are those of our teachers and parents. https://www.huffpost.com › author › yehuda-berg Yehuda Berg said, “Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.”
My earliest memories of someone saying words which had long lasting impact on me and influenced the decisions I made are that of Winne the Pooh who said , “ The things that make me different are the things that make me.” and Mickey mouse saying, “ To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.”
Teacher can be anyone who provides vision to see life in its original different hues and impart an ability to reflect on things by teaching you skills of sports, arts, science and creativity.
What Yoda, Oogway or Rafiki did, they shook out the self out of shell and set the thoughts flowing in right direction. Their words were powerful, impactful and well aligned with their intention of goodwill.
Here are words spoken by my favorite cartoon mentors :
- Rafiki – “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”
- Zeus-“ For a true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.”
- Yoda – “A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack”
- Elastic Girl –“ Leave the saving of the world to men, I don’t think so.”
- Oogway – “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it”
- Master Shifu –“ If only you do what you can do, you will never be better than what you are”
- Eeyore – “ A little consideration, a little thoughts for others make all the difference”
- Jack – “ The shell of the oyster only hides the pearl inside.”
- Tiana- “If you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.”
- Dory – “ Just keep swimming “
Love, respect, cherish the teachers- big or small. Unnamed, named , the ones you met while walking down the road or going up the hills….whose words touched you and gave all the strength you needed at that point of time….
#Happy teacher’s day
Until next time….